USING THE DARKROOM
WHAT WE OFFER….
Rental Space to DEVELOP and PRINT Your Own Black and White Film!
* 4 Enlarger Stations that can print 35mm or 120mm formats up to 16 by 20′s
* Developing Film: We provide the chemicals (D76), fixer, and photo-flo, as well as the reels and tanks.
* Printing: We also provide the chemicals, trays, easels, focus finders, and filters.
Custom Film Processing Services
* Don’t want to develop your own film? We can develop them for you.
* Only $5 per roll of Black and White Film
* Only $1 more for Contact Sheet
* Ready in 2 days
* Frame your prints yourself using our Logan Studio Matcutter
TO USE THE DARKROOM, YOU CAN DO ONE OF TWO THINGS:
PURCHASE A MONTHLY PASS ($50/ month)
What a pass entails:
1. A pass allows you 30 consecutive days of unlimited access to the Darkroom during De-Bug Center hours of Mondays-Thursdays 9:30-7:00PM, and Sundays from 2:30-4:30PM.
2. For first-time pass-purchasers, there is a $10 charge for a 20 minute training on how to set up and clean up the Darkroom. All Darkroom pass-holders are required to abide by the clean-up and set-up rules or else your pass can get revoked with no refund.
3. No reservations are required, but you can reserve using our reservation system if you want to. That means if you’re feeling the urge to be creative that day, just come on by and set yourself up at the Darkroom! However, it is first come, first-served. Feel free to call ahead of time to see how busy it is that day. (Usually, it’s only during finals week for colleges that it is packed. Other times, you can actually have the Darkroom to yourself.)
4. Passes are non-transferrable.
PAY BY THE HOUR ($5/hour)
1. This is only available during “Open Community Hours” which are Wednesdays from 2-6PM and Thursdays from 11-5PM. Because we are volunteer run, these are the hours that our volunteers can be at the Darkroom to help staff it.
2. This requires a 24-hour advance reservation. Just fill out the form below to reserve your spot. You will get a confirmation call or email back for final confirmation. Please note that a previous flyer indicated that you can text your reservation to (408)910-8338 but that no longer applies.
Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance and must be confirmed by a Darkroom staff. Here is a public calendar of the Darkroom.